Mixspace Lexicon uses Watson on the IBM Cloud. You will need a Watson developer account to get started.
Want to know why Lexicon uses Watson? Check out the blog post!
- Go to https://www.ibm.com/watson/developer/
- Create an account
- Once logged in, browse all Watson services
- Add the Assistant and Speech to Text Services to your account
- A Lite plan is sufficient for Assistant
- There are benefits to choosing a Standard plan for Speech to Text (see below)
- You will need your service credentials for project setup
Lite vs Standard
For Assistant, the Lite service is a great starting point. If your project outgrows the intent/entity limits you can upgrade later.
For Speech to Text, the Standard service is required to use custom language models. Lexicon can optionally create a custom language model that will greatly improve the accuracy of speech to text for your particular project. Note there is a per minute cost for using the Standard service, and an additional cost for custom language models.
It is your responsibility to monitor your IBM Watson usage. Mixspace Technologies does not cover the cost of these services. See IBM’s pricing guide for details.
Note that the Speech to Text Standard plan no longer provides free minutes as of December 1st. See IBM’s pricing update for details.